Advertisement

Vespa forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (Denver, CO) 1965 Vespa SS180 for sale
COss180
COss180
Post (Denver, CO) 1965 Vespa SS180 for sale
on: September 4, 2019, 15:36

1965 Vespa SS180
Denver, CO

$5,000 (obo – as long as it is realistic). Low-ball offers will be ignored.

Clean title. Originally imported from Austria by a friend, who later sold it to me. The paint is original and left un-changed. It has minor dents, scuffs, etc…, and the exterior has not been restored by choice. I want an old scooter to look old (but run like new). It is all minor and cosmetic, but with a little dent work, and a paint job, could look new if that’s what you are into.

Pretty much turns right over on the first few kicks after not running for a long time, and after a full tune from Jet 200 Performance (honing the cylinder and a new cylinder head/rings, as well as a carb clean-out), purrs like a kitten.

The clutch has been rebuilt so the shifts are as smooth as butter.

New crank shaft, kick-start gear and seals.

The only minor running issue is after it warms up (20 minutes or so of running perfectly), it has a tendency to not want to idle. According to Jet 200, it is probably an electrical issue which shouldn’t be too hard to diagnose/fix. Everything else on the scooter is in tip-top shape. I’ll leave that last repair up to the buyer. The engine, etc… is running perfectly, so all major systems are awesome. If you are interested in purchasing, I can connect you with Jet 200 so you can inquire about the electric fix.

It’s a 54 y/o bike, so you should expect issues like this pop-up from time-to-time, but it is a rare model and has a ton of work poured into it, so you will love this scooter, and all major upgrades have been made.

Work that has been done on it in the last 5 years:

• New wheels (only a few hundred miles on them)
• New struts
• Electronics upgrade
- Upgraded to 12v (brighter lights, easier start, better idle)
- Electronic ignition
• Full bottom-end restoration (2015)
- New crank shaft
- New kickstart gear
- New seals
- Rebuilt clutch with new cork plates
- New cylinder head (cylinders bored and fitted by Jet 200)
- Full tune by Jet 200 in early 2017

A couple videos I took riding it:

1965 SS 180

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Since August 2011 - © Aerostato, Seattle - All Rights Reserved.